Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bright Boo Boo


Mom and I went to the Quilt Odyssey in Hershey this year and Carol Doak offered 5 classes. Mom and I signed up for 3 and I got my fabric early, cut it all up, labeled it and had it in bags waiting for the class. Then mom came over and I was helping her get hers ready and we went back over the cutting instructions and I was doing things I didn't remember doing when I cut mine. So ... I go back and look at mine and it turns out I had made a slight boo boo. I had cut out the fabric for the Bright Stars class and we were in the Bright and Bold Spinners class. So ... I set it aside and promptly forgot about it. (Of course we had to hit Lancaster on the way to Hershey and I got all new fabric for the Spinners quilt there.) Then this weekend I was trying to "finish up" some projects and found it, so I put it together. I used the same border print as I did for the Spinners class. I love the bright colored mushrooms. It's got a bit more purple and pink than I would normally use, but it still looks pretty good.

No comments: