Sunday, October 26, 2008

Latest Challenge

Sometime in July the online quilt group I belong to posted a challenge. We were given three different blocks and needed to use them to design and sew a quilt. I designed mine right away but never got around to sewing it. Well the challenge is over Oct. 31, so I worked this weekend on sewing the challenge. I wanted to use this great mushroom fabric I have and lots of bright colors, but I didn't want to use too much of my favorite fabric since I wasn't sure what I was gonna do with the quilt. It didn't come out great, but it's okay. The challenge has 3 prizes. One prize was for the quickest -- that wasn't me. Another prize is for viewer's choice. Everyone on the site gets a chance to vote on their favorite. I got no chance of winning that either. There are some beautiful quilts, far better than mine. And then the last prize is a random drawing. There's less than 20 people involved right now so the odds aren't bad. Sometimes more than a hundred participate. Don't think I'll win, but gotta give it a shot. It took me quite a while to do it, but there are only 32 blocks, I think. I took a close up of the mushrooms, they're my favorite part.

No comments: