Tuesday, October 31, 2017

2015


2015 was a year of trying new things.  I made a tuffet out of 64 black and white fabrics.  That was fun and I love the end result.  I made the spicy spiral table runner and then taught a workshop on it.  I also taught a workshop on the Christmas tree skirt that uses the same ruler as the spicy spiral.  I love the tree skirts, they really make the tree look better.  I taught a paper piecing workshop using a Mariner’s Compass style star.  Everyone was successful and the blocks looked awesome.  I’ll probably be teaching that again and am thinking about making myself a sampler quilt using those blocks.  They are all cool looking and I don’t think I could pick one block to make a whole quilt from.  I went on a cruise with traditional pieced patterns.  One was a silk table runner.  I loved sewing with the quilt and loved how it came out.  I haven’t been brave enough to quilt it yet.  I need to.  I made a quilt called celebration that really was a lot of traditional piecing and came out great.  I can’t remember who I gave it to, but I know I gave it away. The third quilt had a bunch of circles on it and they were machine appliqued.  I knew I’d never make that so I gave the kit away.  I finished my first applique quilted wall hanging -- it was a Snowman -- so cute, but I ended up giving it away to a coworker.  I also made a paper pieced Christmas Tree wall hanging and ended up giving that to a different coworker.  I finished a quilt made with really pretty but big diamonds that was requested by one of my daughter’s really good friends for her daughter.  We swapped and she made me two wreaths for over my fire place, that look amazing. It was a good deal.  I traded a Christmas tree skirt for another of my daughter’s really good friends and she made me a counted cross stitch wall hanging with quilts in it. It looks like a painting.  It is amazing and everyone who sees it comments.  I had my first Quick Curve Ruler workshop and made a pattern called Urban Abacus.  It was great and I’ve made three of that pattern, although I can only find photos of two. 


 




 
 


 

No comments: