Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Back at it


When I started this blog it was to track my quilting journey.  I didn’t start it until I had been quilting for a while.  And when I did start it I was pretty busy with my quilting.  I was keeping quite a log and it was fun to look back every now and then.  But then I felt I had done enough of the “easy” stuff and tried quilting outside my comfort zone. 
I joined a modern quilting guild and a traditional guild to try to get more workshops and learn more than just paper piecing.  I wasn’t really proud of my quilting efforts and stopped logging my progress.  I wasn’t any better at my quarter inch seams and had a hard time making things match up well and stay square.  The more I tried other things, the more I liked paper piecing.  So my blog has been left stagnant for years now.  Which is too bad because I’ve been getting better and better and trying different things all the time.  And I am proud of my accomplishments and how my journey has played out.  It’s been fun. 
I still like paper piecing best, but I want to share some of the other stuff I’ve done.  After this I’ll try to log regularly, but for now let me play some catch up.  I'll post one entry for each year I missed and am trying to gather the photos to support the work.  Unfortunately I was posting everything on facebook and not keeping it all, but you'll get the idea.

No comments: