Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Valentine's Day Table Topper

I started doing these table toppers Christmas of 2006. I had some extra Christmas blocks I got from a swap with my online quilting group and didn't know what to do with them. I was invited to a friend of a friend's house for Christmas Eve dinner and didn't know what to take so I used one of the blocks and cut it into a Octagon and created a Table Topper. It looked pretty good so I made a few more. Now I use them for gifts all the time. I made one that was a fall design on one side and Christmas on the other. I gave that to the leader of a faith sharing group I belong to. I made the purple snowflake table topper for a good friend. It's bigger than most. The latest is a Valentine's Day version that will be a door prize for a coffee group get together the end of January. It's smaller than most. The friend who got the snowflake liked the Valentine's Day one so much she wanted to buy it. I had to tell her no -- I would never know how much to charge. I have a round dining room table and these look great on the lazy susan in the center. I want to make one for every holiday. I've bought a bit of themed fabric, now I just have to do the sewing. I'm hoping to get my own Valentine's Day Table Topper made up this weekend.

No comments: