Saturday, January 15, 2011

Git 'er done

We have a challenge on my quilting group to finish started projects and do better at finishing anything else we start in 2011. It's called Get 'er done or GED. Earlier this year we had a challenge on the same group to make a quilt that was 9" x 9" or smaller and use 4 different block designs. After the challenge I put some borders on mine, making it 14 1/2 inches square. I love it! So I added it to the GED challenge and it was the first one I decided to finish. The stems on the flowers are actually done with a textile marker. I might just embroider them over top. I just have to dig out my embroidery thread. But at least it is done and can go on the wall as is. This is the first of about 30 projects I hope to finish in 2011. We'll see how that goes.

Cathy in SATX
Every day is a good day to quilt.

No comments: